Forgot your username or password?
Far Niente and its sister wineries follow an integrated program of sustainable measures affecting vineyard, winery and day-to-day business practices.
Far Niente's sustainable wineries are:
• Solar powered, net-zero users of electricity, annually producing more energy than they consume.
Far Niente went solar in a revolutionary way with its Floatovoltaic™ system, becoming the first in the world to float a significant, grid-connected solar installation.
• Organically farm our Napa Valley vineyards and EnRoute’s vineyards in the Russian River Valley.
• Collect process water from winery operations for vineyard irrigation and frost protection.
• Power farming vehicles with biodiesel fuel.
• Replaced conventional company cars with hybrid-engine vehicles.
• Recycle extensively at the wineries.
“We will always be committed first and foremost to producing great wines; it’s what we’ve been doing for over 25 years,” says Larry Maguire, winery partner, and President and CEO. “Yet, we recognize that our environment is facing significant challenges, and as an agriculture-based business we have an obligation to do our part and take sustainable measures.”